The ideal DBA candidate possesses ten or more years of managerial experience and an MBA from a regionally-accredited college. Applicants with a graduate degree in other business-related fields are welcome to apply, and those with a graduate degree in a non-business field, but with significant executive-level employment, will be considered.
A complete application packet will include:
- A completed online application
- Official transcripts for both bachelor and master degree programs
- Two letters of recommendation from leaders in your industry or from those you have close, working relationships with
- A complete resume detailing education, skills, accomplishments, and leadership
- A one to two page essay answering the question, “Within the last five years, what changes in my occupation and/or industry have had the most profound impact on my profession and how will the DBA Program help me to adequately prepare for those changes?” Please note that this essay will have a large impact on your admittance into the DBA Program. You will be asked to discuss your answer to this question during your interview. It would be prudent to cite any journals, books, videos, newspapers, magazines, blogs or personal communications you reference in your essay in your paper and in your interview.
Once the application packet is complete, an interview will be scheduled with the Program Director, Dr. W. Daniel Young.
Contact our Admissions Office for questions regarding the application process or any of the required documents